April 8, 2022 | LIFE | By Carlee Castillo
As It Was – Harry Styles
So My Darling (Acoustic) – Rachel Chinouriri
Death with Dignity – Sufjan Stevens
Bloom – The Paper Kites
Spring Is Here – Ella Fitzgerald
Begin Again – Taylor Swift
Changes – Cam
Wasteland, Baby! – Hozier
Feels Like – Gracie Abrams
Graceland Too – Phoebe Bridgers
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract
- Grated lemon zest and lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 *F. Lightly grease a 9” x 5” loaf pan.
- Whisk 1 ½ cups flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, and 1 teaspoon salt together in a medium bowl. Set this aside.
- Blend ⅓ cup melted butter, 1 cup sugar, 2 eggs, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, 2 teaspoons fresh grated lemon zest, and 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice together in a separate bowl.
- While slowly mixing, add your dry mixture and ½ cup milk until combined.
- Wash blueberries and place them in a small bowl with 1 teaspoon flour. Coating the blueberries will prevent them from sinking in the bread.
- Combine the blueberries into your mixture.
- Pour batter into a loaf pan. Bake for 55-65 minutes.
- Prepare glaze by whisking together 2 tablespoons melted butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and ½ teaspoons vanilla extract. Pour over the loaf once cooled and enjoy!
- Read on the grass
- Have picnics with your friends
- Make wishes on dandelions
- Join or support a community garden
- The Charmaine Nymann Community Garden – As the oldest community garden in the Pikes Peak Region, the space is well established as a nurturer of community. The Charmaine Nymann Community Garden is located at Bear Creek Park on the west side of Colorado Springs. In addition to hosting a wide array of fauna, the garden has also supported a large weed-eating goat population for upwards of 15 years. They also donated produce to multiple local non-profits, including Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, Colorado Senior Homes, and Care & Share and the Marian House Soup Kitchen.
- Pikes Peak Urban Gardens also seeks to cultivate community through sustainable urban gardening.
- Deep clean your space, physically and spiritually.
- Pick flowers for your loved ones.
- Rewatch your favorite spring episodes of Gilmore Girls (throw your own Spring Fling).
Open window breeze
Sun streams in between new leaves
Weather likes to tease